MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ATTESTATION
A marriage certificate is an official and legal document issued by the concerned authority of the country which signifies that two people have married each other.
It may be required for a number of reasons, including when one’s spouse who is not a national needs to apply for residency of that country.
Marriage Certificate | Category of Documentation
The types of documents which require attestation are divided into 3 categories depending on their nature, shared characteristics and the relevant government department which needs to be contacted for getting them attested. They include;
- Educational Documents
- Non-Educational/Personal Documents
- Commercial Documents
Marriage certificates come under the category of non-educational/personal documents due to their nature and the purpose they serve.
Government Departments Involved in Marriage Certificate Attestation
Marriage certificate attestation requires the concerned party to submit their marriage certificate, along with all accompanying documents (mentioned in the next section), to the relevant and concerned government departments. These institutions include;
- The relevant government authority which was responsible for issuing the marriage certificate.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the country where the marriage certificate was issued.
- The localized Embassy of the country where the attested marriage certificate needs to be submitted.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the country which requested marriage certificate attestation.
Accompanying Documents Required for Marriage Certificate Attestation
There are certain documents one needs to submit with their marriage certificate for it to be attested. They are;
- Original Marriage Certificate
- Original National Identity Cards of both Partners
- Original Passports of both Partners
- Authority Letter Requesting Marriage Certificate Attestation
- A copy of all the above-mentioned documents
All these original documents and one copy of each of them needs to be submitted to the relevant government departments and institutions for attestation according to the process mentioned below.
Process for Marriage Certificate Attestation
Here is the most commonly followed method of marriage certificate attestation;
Step # 1
Depending on the country where the marriage certificate was issued, the issuing authority needs to be contacted for attesting the marriage certificate.
Step # 2
After the state-level government authority has attested the marriage certificate, it is sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of that country. Here, the attestation is verified by the officials through contacting the members of the state-level authority which attested the certificate.
Step # 3
The attested and verified marriage certificate is then submitted to the localized Embassy of the country which requested the attested marriage certificate.
Step # 4
The document is then sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the country which requested the marriage certificate attestation and the process are completed.
You can follow the above-mentioned procedure yourself or hire reputable and affordable marriage certificate attestation services that expedite the complete process of document attestation for you. Benchmark Documents is one such reputable name which provides quality document attestation services which you can depend on and provide timely delivery of your attested documents!
Benchmark Documents Services
– Planning a private or business trip to aboard?
– Seeking admission in an international unversity?
– Aiming to Apply for Visa Extension?
We make the process convenient for you!
Benhmark Attestation services are considered amongst some of the best attestation services in Dubai and the UAE. With our networks in public institutions across the world, we can have your attestation completed within a matter of days without you having to put in any effort at all. Some reasons why you should think of working with Benchmark Attestation include:
- Complementary Picking, Dropping and Shipping. No charges.
- 24 hour Customer Support
- Experience, Credible and Reliable Services
- Experts in attestation procedures at affordable rates
- 24/7 services for all your attestation needs.
Call Back Request Or Call to 04-3961284
Express Service at Low Cost
Free Pick Up And Delivery Of The Documents
Prompt and Reliable Service
Countries We are specialized
Get In Touch
Our Location and Contact
Address: Benchmark Attestation Services
Office No: 401, Business Atrium Building Oud Metha, Dubai, UAE