The idea of travelling or moving over to a new destination excites us all. The legal formalities involved in the process often tend to take all excitement away, though. If you are travelling to countries like Jordan, Maldives or Madagascar, you won’t have to bear any such hassle. This is because they only need a passport and grant visa upon arrival. Butif you are a UK citizen aiming to move to the UAE, you are in for an exasperating process of document attestations—including your birth certificate, degree, and marriage certificate.
To avail document attestation and apostille services for U.K. residents, contact us.
- Elementry Legalization By the Registars
- Intermediate Legalization By the Foreign and Common wealth Office
- Final Legalization By the UAE Consulate and MOFA in UAE
UK Certificate Attestation Process for UAE
Before taking your documents for attestation, make sure that you have all the documents with you to avoid any inconvenience when you reach the offices and embassies.
- Here’s your checklist of essentials for certificate attestations
- Original passport of the bearer of the documents (for identity verification)
- A clear and unblemished copy of the passport
- The documents and certificates issued in the UK
Keep them secure in a file or folder and you are ready to go through the attestation process.
1. The Elementary Legalisation – By the Registrars
The process initiates with the attestations by the relevant registrars as per the type of your documents.
- Get your business documents endorsed by the Registrar of Companies.
- Get your marriage documents endorsed by the Registrar of Marriages.
- Get your birth and death certificates endorsed by the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
2. The Intermediate Legalisation – By the Foreign and Common wealth Office
Next, you have to pursue the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or the Irish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Governors’ Offices of Jersey, Icelandic Ministry for Foreign Affairs, or the Isle of Man and Guernsey, as per the region of origin and issuance of your documents. By completing this step, you have completed 50% of the attestation process.
3. The Final Legalisation – By the UAE Consulate in the UK and the MOFA in UAE
You can either submit your documents in person or post them to the UAE consulate in London. Bear in mind that if you have submitted the documents in person, you can collect them after attestation, on the same day, between 14:30 to 16:00 p.m.
Or, if you have posted them from within the UK, remember to include a self-addressed stamped envelope in our mail post to the UAE embassy. The attested documents will reach you within the next three working days.
In case you have posted the documents from UAE, the UAE Embassy in London will notify you through email. Next, you will have to arrange for the collection of your documents from the embassy.
After receiving the attested documents from the embassy, the next step is to get them attested from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE. This is the final step of the attestation process.
This is our attempt to provide you a clear understanding of the process. However, if you want to invest his time in shopping or planning your trip, we are always available at your service. Contact Benchmark Documents with your original certificates and a clear copy of your documents and we will take care of the rest. Happy travelling!